How did you eventually get over someone that you loved with all your heart?
- Well, I took a step back for a second and analyzed everything that was going on in my life. My family, school, friends, work, short term goals, long term goals, and etc. I thoroughly re-evaluated my life in bits and pieces, asked myself what makes me happy and what doesn’t make me happy. Even until this day, I still have everything going for me; an amazing family who supports me in everything I do, good grades, friends who treat me like family and who loves me for me, a steady job that pays well, and a couple of short and long term goals that I’m still in the mist of pursuing. So I thought to myself……why am I so upset over someone who doesn’t love me the way I love them? Time doesn’t stop for anyone and people move on with their lives - so why suffer in heartache and stress over one person? Be selfish and put yourself first. By figuring and realizing everything I had going for myself, my feelings and everything that I once felt for this person was slowly fading away. I started putting my happiness first before anyone else’s. Once I started managing and prioritizing my short and long term goals, I slowly started to pursue my road to success. Not saying I’m successful as of right now, but I am for sure happy. Even though it gets lonely being single at times and having to see her with someone else, I think back to my mental realization, take another quick glance of what’s in front of me, and tell myself to not let love blind me from true happiness. Being heartbroken is all a mental game, if you stay positive and tell yourself that you can pull through it, you’ll start to believe it and eventually get over it. Wake up and fall asleep with positive thoughts, life is too short to be pessimistic.
- —COMMON: Man, I know I’m in love when I think about her a lot and I’m finding ways to get to that person. Even though I gotta work, even though I gotta take care of other responsibilities, I’m like yo, when am I gonna fly out and see that person? I look forward to seeing them.
- —KENDRICK LAMAR: How do you know you’re in love? When your heart feels it instead of your mind and your penis don’t. You know, it’s deeper than that… That’s when you know.
- —PETE ROCK: Oh man you feel it right here, *touches heart*, right there, it’s like cupid’s shooting you in the heart, that shit’s just BOOW! Lots of people say they don’t believe in love at first sight, but I do, it’s happened to me.
- —A$AP ROCKY: You know you in love cuz you don’t want nobody else but that person. You know, that’s how you know for sure. Like you could see a million other bad bitches, but you know, but it don’t even matter, you stuck.
- —BIG BOI: Your heart flutters a little bit, you like to kiss on the mouth a lot, your neck get hot when you kiss on the mouth, that type of stuff. Stuff like that, yea.
- —QUESTLOVE: I THINK WHEN THAT PERSON CONSUMES YOU.
I haven’t been on tumblr for months now and it’s honestly because of the fact that I’m over you. Thank you God for pulling me through this bullshit, I can’t thank you enough. For a moment in my life, I can truly admit that you meant the world to me but now seeing where we are now I can say that I’m happier without you. You held me back even when it wasn’t intentionally, from a lot of things I could’ve been accomplished. I finally realized that you weren’t the one for me. I’m glad to see you’re doing well with your new boy, but I just hope that’s not what you’re all about. I hope you’re excelling in other aspects, especially school. Keep doing well, maybe we’ll cross paths in the future but as of right now I think us not speaking is good for the both of us. This is my farewell to you and the bullshit. ✌